Skip to main content

A river's cry

I am a river, I flow by the slope.
I travel through mighty mountains,
cross thick and rich jungles.
I give life to many creatures, small and big.
Now, I am dying.

Birds singing, fish dancing, children playing,
What a beautiful home I was!
Great civilizations flourished in my lap,
What a life-giver I was!
Now I am dying.

I am the holy mother, some say.
I am the abode of gods, some believe.
Celebration or cremation, I am there, always!
But, I look like a monster, smelling of dirt.
Now, I am dying.

I used to nourish green forests by my side.
Now, I see all of my beloved is dying.
I am unable to get rid of the hyacinth.
It is all over me, suffocating everything in me.
Forests nurtured me, I nourished them.
We welcomed every creature, supported every being.
Now we are dying.

I am the Ganga, the Adayar, the Musi,
I am every river you use,
I am every river that carries tonnes of plastic to the seas.
I am every river, that froths because of your ruthless release of effluents.
I am every river that chokes because of your fancy for dams.
I am every river that floods, killing millions, because you encroached my space.
I was once water, that gave life, now, I am a poison that takes lives.
Before you pass by dirty Me, closing your nose, and making that ugly face, Just stop for a minute and look at me.
I AM DYING!


Comments

Unknown said…
Awesome👌🙏

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Evening

Your touch sparked a wave of memories in my head. All the noise, the noise of expectations, problems, and challenges, the noise of  agony, rejection, and failure got silenced. I was deafened to them. All I wanted was to be in you, consuming the warmth of your hug. Amid all of this, you grabbed me towards you, I was lost in diffidence! That soft touch of you, reminded me of the awesomeness of my smile, long lost! It reminded me of the innocent self that I were, aiming at the Everest, still happily hopping at the river side. It reminded me of the child I were, crying out loud when in pain, laughing out louder when in joy. I began to wonder, when did I lose myself in this babel. Amid all of this, You grabbed me towards you, I was lost in diffidence! It was a beautiful evening, up on the hill, calm and serene. The composure of the lake reminded me of the beauty of silence, that my soul yearned for. I missed out on looking at the colourful birds perching on the tr

A love story or a breakup story?

Some stories are so strange. Neither a common man nor can an expert judge those stories easily. This is one such story for me. Planned to be a plain one without twists and turns. But, most of the times, you plan something and life plans something else for you. The story  A girl and a boy entered a relationship without exchanging roses or without saying I LOVE YOU. They chat occasionally and most of the time it was the bliss, of a young love they got. It was not the person but the sense of love that gave happiness to both of them. On those occasional chatting, all they do is make promises and see the voice and the presence of the other. That was enough, and that gave happiness. Days passed, and only days passed. The feeling of love and the desire to live together was getting strong in the girl. She is a girl of dreams and ambitions. Her ability to imagine things overshadowed her understanding of reality. She loved the boy truly, sincerely, not the real one but the one in her imagi

Failure,hope and success...............

I was a student once ridiculed by many, I was a broken heart, I was the one who thought that life is as simple as I plan.I was the one who cried over losing in exams.I was the one who struggled to keep up promises made to my family.I was the one who was least cared by my friends. So I feel that I am qualified enough to write about HOLDING ON DESPITE DIFFICULTIES. Life is always full of surprises  No one knows what is to come by the next moment.Yet many of us fill our minds with full of expectations.When our expectations are beaten by the challenges life gives us, we get disturbed.It is a common thing where people with dreams often are bogged down by smallest disturbances in their plans.Perhaps this happens because those slightest difficulties seem much bigger to them at that moment and they stop there.We often hear many students especially in intermediate stage committing suicides for reasons like, not getting good rank etc., Many youngsters end their lives for a love failure!